Video Footage of Phantom 2 Drone Flown Around Space Needle in Seattle, WA

While I don't advocate doing anything outside the law with drones, especially anything in violation of federal FAA laws, there are just certain things you can do with drones that you can't do with any other devices currently on the market in quite the same way. This aerial video footage of an Amazon employee flying a DJI Phantom 2 and a GoPro around the Space Needle in Seattle, WA this past July 22, 2014, is a perfect example of what I'm talking about, and a visual demonstration of why I keep my Phantom 2 Vision+ handy when visiting new places. You never know what kind of footage you might end up taking home.




My favorite parts are the smiles and waves of so many onlookers. The flight of a drone reminds us of the freedom of a bird, and is a way of connecting our human desire for exploration and infinity with the natural world, blended through technology. This is what it means to be alive.

This, to me, is the definition of guerilla piloting. It's not recommended, but it sure is fun. And I don't know about you, but I fly my drones for fun! That sense of exploration and freedom is something that you just can't get anywhere else, including when flying in full-sized planes. This is a way to see the world from hundreds of feet in the air without experiencing the risks of, say, death, if you have a motor failure or run out of gas or batteries.

I completely recommend the DJI Phantom 2 Quadcopter. You can buy it from Amazon here. You can pick up a great GoPro that mates perfectly with the Phantom 2 here. Extra batteries are available here.

---

Hi! My name is Mike, and I'm the author of this personal drone blog. If you find the information on my flying drone review blog useful, you can shop through Amazon here.

No comments:

Post a Comment